Kings View Chambers represented Dr SA at a recent first interim order hearing. The allegations were wide-ranging and included criticism of his clinical competence as well as his honesty and integrity. In this case the GMC were of the view that only a suspension would do and that no conditions would be necessary. Kings View Chambers were successful in persuading the Tribunal that no order was necessary.
Commenting on the case, barrister Catherine Stock said:
“Interim Order hearings are difficult for a doctor to respond to as the Tribunal do not make any determinations of fact but rather undertake a risk assessment. Often the evidence presented by the GMC overwhelms the doctor.
“It is so important to contact us when the GMC first raise the possibility of an interim order as there is often very little time to prepare, and once an order is in place it is difficult to remove the order for the next 18 months.”
Kings View Chambers look very carefully at the quality of the evidence being presented and work quickly to be able to defend the doctor’s position.
Dr SA said of the hearing outcome:
“I was referred to Kings View in the final hours. My hearing date was scheduled within two weeks from when I first met with Catherine.
“For a highly complex case with little to no time, Catherine wasted no time to prepare and present my case with all integrity, professionalism and gave me back justice. While providing me with the best legal advice, her calm manners and patience with me in understanding my case is bar none.
“I recommend Catherine Stock to all who seek legal advice from a person who cares for her clients.”
I am a GMC Defence Barrister who has represented large number of medical professionals before their regulatory bodies in either first instance proceedings or appeals. I can help with all matters relating to GMC Fitness to Practise Referrals issues including:
- GMC fitness to practise referrals
- GMC fitness to practise hearings
- Appeals against a MPTS Tribunal determination
- MPTS Interim Order hearings
- Appeals against a MPTS Interim Orders Tribunal determination
- Preparing your case before the Case Examiners
- Help with the decision of the Case Examiners
- Help with voluntary removal
- Registration advice
- Appeal against refusal of registration
- Restoration to the Register
- Investigation and disciplinary hearings at work
- Criminal investigation and proceedings
- Police cautions
- DBS [Disclosure and Barring Service] issues
We are expert GMC Defence Barristers
Speak to an expert GMC Defence Barrister for expert legal advice and help.