A doctor, represented by GMC Defence Barristers, has avoided a practice suspension following a MPTS hearing where they were accused of dishonesty.
Dr JC was accused by the GMC of dishonesty that they contended amounted to their fitness to practise being impaired. The hearing related to a number of allegations relating to Dr JC practising without a licence, correspondence between Dr JC and other doctor and dishonesty when completing employment forms.
Dr JC was represented by GMC Defence Barrister and Joint Head of Kings View Chambers, Mr Stephen McCaffrey. Through Stephen’s representation before the MPTS hearing, the accusations relating to dishonest behaviour was dismissed early on in the hearing.
The remaining accusations were admitted and proved that required a decision from the MPTS with regards to appropriate sanction.
The GMC argued that a full suspension would be the only proportionate response in order to protect the reputation of the profession.
Stephen McCaffrey however successfully persuaded the MTPS committee that suspending Dr JC would be inappropriate and that any remaining concerns relating to Dr JC’s fitness to practise concerns could be factored in to conditions imposed on her registration with a subsequent review hearing.
The MPTS committee were persuaded by Stephen’s arguments not to suspend Dr JC opting instead for practise conditions to be imposed with a subsequent review hearing.
I am a GMC Defence Barrister who has represented large number of medical professionals before their regulatory bodies in either first instance proceedings or appeals. I can help with all matters relating to GMC Fitness to Practise Referrals issues including:
- GMC fitness to practise referrals
- GMC fitness to practise hearings
- Appeals against a MPTS Tribunal determination
- MPTS Interim Order hearings
- Appeals against a MPTS Interim Orders Tribunal determination
- Preparing your case before the Case Examiners
- Help with the decision of the Case Examiners
- Help with voluntary removal
- Registration advice
- Appeal against refusal of registration
- Restoration to the Register
- Investigation and disciplinary hearings at work
- Criminal investigation and proceedings
- Police cautions
- DBS [Disclosure and Barring Service] issues
We are expert GMC Defence Barristers
Speak to an expert GMC Defence Barrister for expert legal advice and help.