Stephen McCaffrey, joint head of chambers, advised and represented a very senior oncology consultant in London who had been investigated in relation to alleged dishonesty connected to time spent in private practice whilst on sick leave from the NHS.
There were a number of allegations however Stephen’s argument focused on the investigation and building a defence case to undermine conclusions being made based on an out of date work plan and contract.
“I never envisaged in my career that [a final written warning] would be something to celebrate but that is what I will be doing. I cannot begin to tell you the weight that’s been lifted, I have my life back. I cannot thank you enough for everything .”
I am a GMC Defence Barrister who has represented large number of medical professionals before their regulatory bodies in either first instance proceedings or appeals. I can help with all matters relating to GMC Fitness to Practise Referrals issues including:
- GMC fitness to practise referrals
- GMC fitness to practise hearings
- Appeals against a MPTS Tribunal determination
- MPTS Interim Order hearings
- Appeals against a MPTS Interim Orders Tribunal determination
- Preparing your case before the Case Examiners
- Help with the decision of the Case Examiners
- Help with voluntary removal
- Registration advice
- Appeal against refusal of registration
- Restoration to the Register
- Investigation and disciplinary hearings at work
- Criminal investigation and proceedings
- Police cautions
- DBS [Disclosure and Barring Service] issues
We are expert GMC Defence Barristers
Speak to an expert GMC Defence Barrister for expert legal advice and help.