Dr FPJ instructed Kings View to represent her in her GMC fitness to practise hearing before the MPTS. This was an unusual and complicated case as it was predicated on complaints made by an ex-employee in her private clinic who made 35 pages of allegations.
The GMC focused on the most relevant ones and accused the doctor of both bullying behaviour and dishonesty. We launched a legal argument which precipitated a determination which required a change of defence. Before the listed hearing we spent 4 months going through phone records, text messages, e-mails and journal entries. We served on the GMC a 35-page statement and almost 800 pages of the most relevant communications.
The bundle was so damning of the GMC witness that they referred the matter back to the Case Examiners, who decided the case must be stopped. The evidence took them through each day of the two-year employment, unpicking each and every allegation made. Not only did the Case Examiners decide the case could not continue – they made clear the dossier proved their witness to be untruthful.
Dr FPJ stated that she did not know how to express her gratitude and that every single doctor she knew would have our details. She said she was so grateful to have left her previous representatives and thanked us for all our hard work.
“Stephen – words fail me. Absolutely outstanding. Thank you – I will be telling everyone.”
Disclaimer: This article is for guidance purposes only. Kings View Chambers accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any action taken, or not taken, in relation to this article. You should seek the appropriate legal advice having regard to your own particular circumstances.
I am a GMC Defence Barrister who has represented large number of medical professionals before their regulatory bodies in either first instance proceedings or appeals. I can help with all matters relating to GMC Fitness to Practise Referrals issues including:
- GMC fitness to practise referrals
- GMC fitness to practise hearings
- Appeals against a MPTS Tribunal determination
- MPTS Interim Order hearings
- Appeals against a MPTS Interim Orders Tribunal determination
- Preparing your case before the Case Examiners
- Help with the decision of the Case Examiners
- Help with voluntary removal
- Registration advice
- Appeal against refusal of registration
- Restoration to the Register
- Investigation and disciplinary hearings at work
- Criminal investigation and proceedings
- Police cautions
- DBS [Disclosure and Barring Service] issues
We are expert GMC Defence Barristers
Speak to an expert GMC Defence Barrister for expert legal advice and help.